Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Creative Cups for Cancer 2010

I made a new pin cushion from my great grandma's old one. She used it, grama used it, mom used it and now me. It was falling apart, so I spruced it up a bit. :O)


















Well, I just finished my bra design for the Creative Cups for Cancer 2010 Benefit and Auction for Breast Cancer. Many hours and very sore fingers and hands. I had fun though and especially when it brought back memories of mom and I sewing together. I'm so grateful she was so patient with me. She taught me so much. I am able to make my living as an artist because of my mom and dad and my extended family being so supportive all my life. I loved going through the material and the old photos. I can remember exactly which piece of clothing was made from which fabric. (as an aside. . . I can't seem to find my keys half the time or where I left my glasses or my coffee cup. . . hmmmm


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.