Saturday, January 28, 2012

Grama Lynn's Holiday 2007


Layne's barn across the drive from their house.
It's beautiful sitting back in the woods so quiet and empty. Although
there are the occasional mouse, rat, racoon, cat, dog, birds and maybe an owl.
Maybe it's not so empty after all. Layne is my oldest brother (closest to me
but younger than me) who lives with his wife Susan and at one time their 
two children Kimberlee and Justin. They are grown with families of 
their own now. Justin and his wife Nikkole have 4 girls and live a few 
miles down the long rural neighborhood drive to town. Kimberlee lives 
several hours away with her two children, a boy and girl. They are a 
close family and spend alot of time at the house that Dad and Mom
built years ago. They blazed a trail and cut a road into a ravene in
a large stand of live Oak and Fir trees. Several stands of oak and 
fir that stretch across thirty acres, are covered in lichen and 
dripping with Spanish Moss. Is it any wonder that our families, 
myself and three other brothers, enjoy 
coming to visit so much. There are so many outdoor
activities to occupy all the ages. 
It is my favorite place to visit. That year in 2007,
I took hundreds of pictures and have 
been painting ever since.

A breath of fresh air
In a forest primeval
Can set a mind free

I am linking this post to Helen's Hump Day Haiku



6 comments:

  1. Lynn, your painting is wonderful! It sounds like an amazing place to call 'home'. I want to see more. Love your haiku also! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen for the lovely words. Yes, I will be putting more paintings of my trips and others also. And yes, it is a wonderful place to call "home". I just realized that I put the same Haiku on your site this morning. I forgot. Oh well. Oops!

      Delete
  2. Love the truth of your haiku. 10 years after moving into town, I still miss the 20 acres we called home, with its forest and stream and open fields. Sigh. But age and wisdom dictated leaving behind the work of keeping it up. I'm less than a minute from "country" so I can escape this small city easily. Looking forward to exploring your website and following what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn, your paintings are as beautiful as your poetry. It absolutely kills me that so much geography is keeping us from playing together!! You are such a kindred spirit; I mourn the loss of all the years we've missed. I love you madly, cousin. LOVE this blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.