Monday, March 12, 2012

Adams & Co


I chose this building for writing on the wall this week
because it's a building I've had in my portfolio since 1976.
I did a painting when I first got to Western as an art student.
It hung in my aunt's house for years and when she got tired of it, she
gave it to my mom and she had it up for years and now my brother Dan and
his wife Kerry have it. I really liked the painting. I think I'll do another one.
In fact, I've done several drawings and paintings of this building. I love old
buildings. It is not a family building, ie the Adams & Co. I've spent literally 
hundreds and hundreds of hours in the Colophon and Village Books and outside
enjoying the square and music they have often and public markets etc.
If you ask me where I'd like to go for the day, it would be here in Fairhaven.

I am linking this post to Cheryl's

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on spending a day in Fairhaven. They have everything to keep me happy... especially in the summer when the Wed Farmers Market is going. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Village Books. I love walking in Fairhaven. I never noticed

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.