Monday, March 5, 2012

European Streets

This is a piece of art I did for a client from England.
 It was for Biscuits (cookies) and Tea. It is the art for a header
 that would affix to a floor display to be placed at the end of aisles in
grocery stores. I really enjoyed doing this project as I love all the small
narrow winding  streets all over Europe that wind around and around until you come
to a small curio shop or a boulangerie (bakery). You enter the boulangerie, sit down
and enjoy the most luscious scones dripping in butter and a berry jam you can't quite
 recognize but consume with delight and a wonderful tea that you can remember having
on your trip through Turkey a few years before. When you step outside to return to your walk,
you find you are at the end of the street and retrace your steps, only to find another enticing
small hallway street to look for more treasures. You might even come to the end of a street
and find yourself staring at the most beautiful vision of wild flowers or
sunflowers that stretch for miles and on to the horizon.

This is the final header


Down this narrow walk
Walls above on either side
Filled with history

Up a tiny street
my mind filling with intrigue
my dreams say old world

Walls on either side
Drip with ancient history
Immerse me in dreams

I feel cobblestones
my mind thinks foreign intrigue
my mouth tastes old world


I am linking this post to Cheryl's
"Writing on the Wall" meme


2 comments:

  1. Your drawing and post had me thinking I was in the old world. You are a world class artist. I am in awe. Thank you so much for posting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.