Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Art Journal pages 20 thru 29

The next two Art Journal pages are done by dipping string or twine in thick paint and dropping 
it on a white sheet and letting it just fall where it will. I filled in the outer edges with light blue
watercolour and the inside areas with dark blue. I blended some areas and enhanced some
of the lines with black ink. I then filled the spaces with thoughts and quotes and poetry.



The next five pages are about travel. Our prompt was to think about a place, real,
imagined or a place that we've always wanted to travel to. We then were asked to
design a journal page that depicted that place. I decided to create a number of
pages about a place I always dreamed about and was interested in all of my life. Sailing
the seas in tall ships during the 16th, 17 and 18th centuries. I've done drawings about it
over the years and even thought that maybe I might have lived in that time in history.
Who knows?
These journal pages tell of a Captain Johathan Chapman and a trip he took on his ship into
the South Seas, Jakarta and Polynesia. He writes a letter to his wife about the trip. One page
shows the journal in it's proper folder on the ship in his desk. Another page is the inside of the
log book showing a couple of entries the Capt. made during the voyage. Another page is the explanation of why I wrote about this subject. The last page is a watercolour of the Capt.
standing on deck looking out to sea with the letter to his wife Abby
super imposed over the watercolour.







This page is also about travel. But this time it is a family reunion and graduation trip 
for Chris (my nephew). It depicts several of the places we traveled. Eugene, Oregon for the
 graduation and spending time with family; over to the Pacific coast to Florence, Coos Bay,
New Port, Canon Beach, Seaside and Astoria and up Highway 101
 into Washington and over to I-5 and home.



The next two journal pages are about the circus.

I am not generally a rabid circus goer, but I have been to the circus four or five times 
when I was young. Enough times to know what it was all about. These pages are the
knowledge I gleaned from sitting under the "Big Top" when I was a young girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.