Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Art Journal Pages 6 through 19

These are 9 more pages in my 2012 Art Journal. It's really been fun.
And I've done so much that I've never done before.

This group of art pieces is part of a year long art project I started on March 4th this year.
Every 2 weeks the project and the instructor change. The site is Art Journaling-It's all good. 
There are nearly 5ooo artists from all over the world that participate every day in one of the 
many workshops they offer. Some workshops have a donation fee and some are free. And 
all of them are worth while for any artist new to Art Journaling. I've been an artist in many 
different mediums and I had never tried Art Journaling. I decided that I needed to move 
out of my comfort zone and push myself. I also wanted to push myself to "make art". So, 
many pages later, here are some of the results.
I used a base coat of white gesso, then watercolor and blended it to create a surface 
I could write on. I had sketched the laundry before I started painting. I just picked up the 
bag over my head and turned it over. This is how they fell. I used watercolor and Prisma color pencils and India ink. I painted the lettering with a small brush and white opaque gouche.
The bottom piece is watercolor.
The prompts for these 2 pieces of art: Write about something mundane 
in your life and keep writing until it becomes pleasant or worthy. I chose washday.
The color challenge is deep brick red, indigo blue and sap green. 

I have also been writing haiku for several months now. Here is one for washday.

 It's wash day again
skirts, shirts, pants, towels and skivvies,
coffee sounds good now.


Prompt: Observe "Writing on the Wall". Graphiti is everywhere and we were
asked to notice all that we could and even to photograph pieces we liked. I happen to 
have an affinity for train graphiti. So I've been taking pictures of train cars ever since.
But, I decided to do the side of a wall instead.

Love is everything
And I'll scream it to the hills
It is all that is!






The prompt for this piece: Ink blots!! Use ink, watered down paint or whatever you have to lay 
down color and then close your journal, open it up and see the goodness. It's always different.
Whatever  you see, go with it. 

The two sides of me
with color, hair and face, 
is still just one me.





This challenge required a mirror, a box of Crayola Crayons, and self discipline enough
 to follow rules. This challenge is a blind,contour-drawing self portrait. Get  comfortable in
front of your mirror and study your face. See it now in shapes and lines. When we were 
ready we had to draw the lines of our faces while looking at the mirror DO NOT LOOK
 AT YOUR PAPER! Let your hand move based on looking at the image of your
face in the mirror. Use your favorite colors.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.