Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Men are interesting creatures ~


Sam sits in back now
listening to old friends talk
till morning time fades.

I never knew my great grampa Sam or my great grama Martina.
They were gone before I was born. My grama, who I called Nana, shared
her stories as best she could. Evidently there were a lot of painful memories
in her past and she steered clear of those. So, basically it's been the
past ten years that my sister in law and I have been doing some
family history research, that we learned more about the family.
Our aunt Madeline had this picture of grampa Sam in one of his
 morning get togethers with friends. He is sitting against 
the back wall with no hat.

I am linking this post to Cheryl's
"Writing on the Wall" meme.


1 comment:

  1. I love this photo and your story that goes with it. Isn't it fun learning about our ancestors?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.