Wednesday, February 29, 2012

An ocean's treasure


Ebbing and flowing
emerging from the ocean's depths
in all her glory.


On one of my trips to my brother's place in California,
we took a drive around the area. This beautiful piece of the ocean's
bounty we found on a beach that he kayaks.
He also took me to some of the beaches he surfs.
I love the northern California coast. It is some of the most beautiful
coastline I've ever seen. I've seen every mile of the Pacific coast and
several hundred of the east coast. I would like to see Maine. We have
cousins that live there. One lives near Peak's Island. I've seen pictures
and it's a place I know I would love. The ocean, coastal cities and towns,
 are some of the places I like to hunt for bargains at flea markets and yard sales.
~ maybe some day ~


I am linking this post to 



Old coastguard station


Layne's beach - the one he kayaks


fishing boat

4 comments:

  1. "Ebbing and flowing..." With snow on the ground here, the image of a warm beach beside the ocean is inviting. There's a large stump on a beach in my neck of the woods that's been there since I was a child. Amazing how they survive. Thank you for this lovely haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love nothing better than walking along a beach listening to the waves crashing to the shore and looking for treasures left behind. Great haiku, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how nice. Love that ebbing and flowing. Excellent Haiku. Thanks for sharing the pictures too. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely haiku and great photo shot! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.