Monday, February 13, 2012

Easy like Sunday Morning

Walking down the street
Easy like Sunday morning
I'm content with me.

For some reason I'm into houses, streets, neighborhoods, architecture and all
the things that go along with them. The texture of the buildings, grasses, or no grass, the broken 
glass in the ally, the unwatered flowers in the front flower beds, the over-loaded trash
bins and the different colors or paints that people choose for their personal domicile.
I think about who it is that lives in these houses or works in these buildings. Who goes out
 on a Saturday morning and mows the lawns or waters the potted plants, or digs up a
trench to repair a broken sewer line. That takes dedication and love. Whew!

I'm linking this post to Cheryl's Writing on the Wall
and Helen's Hump Day Haiku

2 comments:

  1. I love this picture you made. I also love looking at houses and thinking about who lives there. I recently saw a photo of a Norwegian neighborhood. The hill was so steep you could see the ocean in the distance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great painting and wonderful haiku. Easy like Sunday morning. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.